Keith Hudson wrote:

[snip]
From my holiday in India and Nepal some five years ago, I will never forget seeing those beautiful girls from Rajasthan who were working on the building sites of Delhi and Khatmandu who had been sold into bonded labour by their parents. I believe the standard term was (is) 10 years. Buy the end of that time, after carrying 16, or sometimes 20, bricks on a mortar board on their heads and climbing up bamboo scaffolding, I imagine that their backbones become compressed and they were fairly unfit for normal life at the end of their bonded time. As I walked into these building sites I began to feel physically afraid for my safety as I notcied the eyes of the foremen upon me. Does it continue? Probably.

Is it the Fourth Comandment that commands:

Honor thy father and mother.

(Odeipus did not want to kill his parents -- he went
into voluntary exile to try to keep from hurting them.
But Oedipus's parents had hired a hit man to kill *him* --
albeit the man did not fully fulfill the terms of
his contract.)

\brad mccormidk

Keith

    Alexander the Great died at Babylon,
    And Louis Kahn died
       in a men's room in Pennsylvania Station
       (returning from Bangaladesh).

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Keith Hudson, Bath, England, <www.evolutionary-economics.org <http://www.evolutionary-economics.org/>>