On 7/16/07, Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 05:03:59PM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> Oh my... this is bad..
>
> In current cvs, this causes a segmentation fault:
>
> Open FvwmConsole
> Type "cursorstyle ROOT 10"
> (repeat the style if necessary)
> Close the FvwmConsole
>
> Boom, segmentation fault. Any ideas?

I don't get any crashes.  Do you have a stack trace and an minimal
config file?

No stack trace, just a simple "Segmentation fault" message...

I believe now it's related to xorg or something. I tried it right now
and can't reproduce. So it makes me refine my triggering sequence:

First I do "cursorstyle ROOT /path/to/image.png", which outputs this:
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 158, Error 8, EventType: 0

Then I close FvwmConsole and restart it, and do the previous
triggering sequence.

I must be doing something really nasty, because then not even
restarting X will revert back to a safe state, only rebooting will
do...

Cheers,
 Renato