Hi Thomas,

Thomas Adam wrote:

Right, and you would have seen various references pointing using
things like 'Lenience' as a style option which *might* help, but
there's no guarantee of that.

Of course I had tried

        Style   NetBeans*       NeverFocus, Lenience

before. Sorry, I should have mentioned it in my first post.

Is there any chance that you sit together with the Java
folks to get this problem solved?

We've tried before.  It's not something Sun seem to bothered to fix.

Maybe they are more open if we can show that other window
managers need some dirty workarounds to manage Java GUIs,
or that AWT applications are not ICCCM compliant in general.

Regards

Harri