On Wed, Jul 08 2009, Thomas Adam wrote:

> I would step back a moment and consider the possibility of how useful
> still supporting librplay is.  I know it's tangental to what you're
> asking -- and I will get back on topic in just a moment, but librplay
> sucks!  The growing trend is pulseaudio, although this would penalise
> people on archaic installations of SunOS 3.2 -- shame.

        *Shudder*. If that is the growing trend, heaven help us. I have
 tried pulseaudio, and after intermittently having no sound, I was
 forced back to Alsa. I have no real opinion on this issue (I have never
 managed to get fvvwm to play sounds, and I am pretty sure I do not miss
 that), but defaulting to pulseaudio  would be premature, I think.

        manoj
--
It is when I struggle to be brief that I become obscure. Quintus
Horatius Flaccus (Horace)