On Fri, August 28, 2009 08:10, Thomas Adam wrote:
> 2009/8/28 Jesús Guerrero <i92gu...@terra.es>:
>
>> It does. Same problem. When I try to open some dialogs, the tabs seem
>> to stop responding to clicks. Keybindings however like alt+number work.
>
> Can't reproduce it all.  Does:
>

> firefox -safe-mode
>
> ... still exhibit this?  Is this on a 64-bit machine?  I can well
> imagine there's the possibility of patches from Gentoo being applied here
> as well.  Try with firefox by downloading it direct from firefox.com

-safe-mode surprisingly works, almost. I get an empty window when
I try to open the plugins dialog, but closing it works ok and I can
click the tabs. After that, if I open the plugins window again it
works. It appears with a very small size but that's a minor annoyance,
however, the empty window is a symptom that something is broken in a
weird way.

All in all it's acting very weird, I tested a clean user, and the same
problem persists, unless I use the safe mode. This is on a clean profile
without any extension or anything at all.

It's indeed a 64 bits build. I am going to test a binary build
from mozilla for the same exact version, and see what happens.
What amazes me is that I haven't been able to reproduce this under
fluxbox. In any case, I am becoming bored of firefox and all the
extra pain it causes. I don't use any weird extension, just flashblock.

Go figure.

Thanks.
--
Jesús Guerrero