El día 28 de abril de 2011 17:00, Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> escribió:

> This isn't anything new -- this has always had the ability to crop up, and
> I'm surprised it hasn't sooner, especially in 2.5.X.  The problem was that
> the DeadPipeCleanup() happens when we exit -- which FVWM has doing, both at
> restart and exit of FVWM directly [1] which invoked DeadPipeCleanup().
> Unfortunately, because of your "unique" button, we kept the grab open to the
> XServer whilst we cleaned up, which is not what we want to do in this case.
> We might still want to grab if we need to reparented swallowed applications
> though.

Well, to be frank, I remember having similar issues in the past, the
problem is that I couldn't find a consistent way to reproduce it until
now, so I wasn't sure it was fvwm's fault at all. I tend to use
somewhat complex FvwmButtons setups to control how elements are
distributed in the panel to the pixel, so I thought that it was just
some error on my side or a buggy app inside FvwmButtons which was
causing the problem. That, and the fact that I don't really tend to
use transparencies made me just ignore the problem probably for years.

It all comes down to having the time and being bored enough to insist
a bit and create a minimal config which could reproduce the problem.

> So I'll let this patch float around for a bit.  If you could give it
> some more testing though, with different FvwmButtons configurations, I'd
> appreciate that.

Of course. Thanks again.

--
Jesús Guerrero Botella