Hi FVWM developers,

first of all thank you for maintaining my window manager :)

I recently switched all my windows to a style where the title is on
the left using the TitleAtLeft style.

The FvwmRearrange module, when used with the -tile option, is not
able to cope with this and windows are tiled such that the right
most ones fall out of the screen.

The reason is that FvwmRearrange assumes the title to be always
either on top or on the bottom of windows. Looking in
FvwmRearrange.c (FVWM version 2.6.4) within the tile_window function

305     int nw = wdiv - w->bw * 2;
306     int nh = hdiv - w->bw * 2 - w->th;
339     int nw = wdiv - w->bw * 2;
340     int nh = hdiv - w->bw * 2 - w->th;

you see that the new width of the window is calculated removing
twice the border width, whereas the height gets the title height
removed too.

In order to solve my particular problem I simply patched those lines
to be

305     int nw = wdiv - w->bw * 2 - w->th;
306     int nh = hdiv - w->bw * 2;
339     int nw = wdiv - w->bw * 2 - w->th;
340     int nh = hdiv - w->bw * 2;

This way FvwmRearrange almost works (windows are still overflowing on
the right of the screen by 1 pixel, why?), but of course a general
solution taking into account title orientation would benefit all
users.

Thank you!
Tiziano