Le Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:05:10 +0200,
Thomas Funk <t.f...@web.de> a écrit :

> Dominique Michel wrote:
>  > When I try to open po/fvwm.pot with poedit, it fail with
>  >
>  > 09:35:38 AM: /tmp/poeditgUBFPw/0ref.pot:321: duplicate message
>  > definition... 09:35:38 AM: /tmp/poeditgUBFPw/0ref.pot:36: ...this
>  > is the location of the first definition 09:35:38 AM: msgmerge:
>  > found 1 fatal error
>  >
>  > gtranslator warm me about this too, but is able to open the file:
>  > In consequence, I am not sure if the resulting translation file is
>  > fully usable.
> If I open po/fvwm.pot from CVS with poedit directly or via 'New
> catalog from Template' no errors occur. My poedit version: 1.4.6
>
> Thomas

You are right, I was working with the wrong cvs branch. The web site is
a little bit confusing:
http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/dev_cvs.php

quote:

 You use the CVS checkout (or co) command to retrieve an initial copy
of the code. The simplest form of this command, for retrieving the
latest code, doesn't require any label:

cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@cvs.fvwm.org:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm

endquote

With that command, the downloaded code is outdated, as well than with
the 2.7 branch. Someone should update that page with the actual
situation:

cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@cvs.fvwm.org:/home/cvs/fvwm co -r branch-2_6
fvwm

Dominique