Le Fri, 03 Jan 2014 10:34:24 -0500,
Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> a écrit :

> Dominique Michel <dominique.mic...@vtxnet.ch> writes:
>
> > Le Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:07:52 +0100,
> > Dominique Michel <dominique.mic...@vtxnet.ch> a écrit :
> >
> >> It seam like file and directory names with characters like {} or ()
> >> into their names confuse very easily fvwm. At the beginning, I was
> >> thinking it was fvwm-menu-directory that get confused by them, but
> >> after running the same command into a console, it appear the menu
> >> generated by it is correct in any cases. So the issue is in fvwm
> >> itself.
>
> Sorry, I've read your post twice and still don't understand.
> Please send a single fvwm command that doesn't work as you expect.

A resumed fvwm code that fail is:

DestroyFunc FuncFvwmMenuMovieDirectory
AddToFunc FuncFvwmMenuMovieDirectory
+ I PipeRead 'case \"$0\" in \
"/home/alian/Vídeos"*) myexec="fvwm-crystal.mplayer-wrapper file dom";;
\
esac; \
test -f \"$0\"/.icontitle.png && mytitle=\"$0\"/.icontitle.png; \
test -f \"$0\"/.media.png && mypng=\"$0\"/.media.png; \
fvwm-menu-directory --icon-title
"${mytitle:-22x22/categories/directory.png}"  \
--icon-file "${mypng:-22x22/categories/Audio-Video.png}" \
--func="FuncFvwmMenuMovieDirectory" \
--exec-file "^${myexec}" --dir \"$0\"
--exec-title="^fvwm-crystal.play-movies \"$0\""'

This generate:
DestroyMenu recreate "/home/alian/Vídeos"
AddToMenu "/home/alian/Vídeos"
+ DynamicPopDownAction DestroyMenu "/home/alian/Vídeos"
+ MissingSubmenuFunction FuncFvwmMenuMovieDirectory
+ "%22x22/categories/directory.png%/home/alian/Vídeos" Exec cd
"/home/alian/Vídeos"; fvwm-crystal.play-movies /home/alian/Vídeos
+ "" Nop
+ "Musiques" Popup "/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques" item +100 c

This is called by:
DestroyMenu /Music/LoadMovie
AddToMenu /Music/LoadMovie
+ MissingSubmenuFunction FuncFvwmMenuMovieDirectory
+ '%22x22/categories/video_movies_view.png%$[gt.Browse Medias]'
  Popup /home/alian/Vídeos

Popup /Music/LoadMovie

The menu pop up, the 4 subdirs are here, but for the
Paco de Lucia directory, I see only its title and cannot navigate
further into it:

# ls -R /home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques
/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques:
Français  Madonna  Paco de Lucia  Santana

/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques/Français:
Plume Latraverse _ Belle et Bum.avi

/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques/Madonna:
05 _ Madonna _ Re_Invention Tour _ June 16 2004 _ American Life.avi
Madonna _ American Life _Version 1 _ withdrawn__HQ no logo_.vob
Madonna._.American.Life.vob
Madonna._._American.Life_.MV._Uncensured_.vob

/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques/Paco de Lucia:
Paco De Lucia _ Concierto De Aranjuez _Spanish Kvcd_ By Waydansar.mpg
Video _ Paco de Lucia _ Rumba.mpg

/home/alian/Vídeos/Musiques/Santana:
Carlos Santana _ Live In Mexico _Concerto Video Sacred Fire.mpg  Carlos
Santana _ Soul Sacrifice _Live in Woodstock_.mpg
Jeff Beck_ Carlos Santana_ Steve Lukather et Jan Hammer _ Karuizawa
Live.mpg

--
Note the spanish í in Vídeos, and the spaces into "Paco de Lucia".

> For my own music, I run a script that "fixes" the file names.

I do the same, but only for the special characters. It is no point to
have utf-8 file systems and not use them. That's funny, because fvwm
can handle Chinese characters inside this menu, but not a well
known Spanish name like "Paco de Lucia".

Also, with the 2 precedent versions (second mail), one work better but
is not perfect, the only one that work fine is the one without icons and
without exec-title command.

For me this is a bug into fvwm. It took me a very long time, trying
different sorts of quoting, to figure that fvwm-menu-directory seam to
work fine in all cases, and that by removing all the icons and the
exec-title command, it work fine. So, this is not an issue with the
file or directory names.

As a workaround, I done a preference in fvwm-crystal that let the user
to choose if they want or not the icons and the exec-title command.

Dominique