On 09/13/14 11:14, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> For testing pusposes I need to get an overwiev of what types of
> commands people use in fvwm.  Could everybody please look through
> their configuration files and post any commands:

For general consideration -- it might be useful to be able to write something like this:

Idiom #1:

    PipeRead <<EOF_WHATEVER
    #!/path/to/some/interpreter
# some script to be executed through the normal "#!" system mechanisms, with fvwm variables expanded inline ...
    EOF_WHATEVER

Idiom #2:

    PipeRead external-command   [optional-arguments] <<EOF_WHATEVER
## whatever standard input you want to give to the 'external-command', with fvwm variables expanded ...
    EOF_WHATEVER

An alternative keyword (instead of PipeRead) might also be considered.

--Tapio