> > dispatch_event: event type 28
> > HandlePropertyNotify: send_event 0, window 0x2e00043, atom 133
> '_NET_WM_NAME', time 187328, state 0
> > dispatch_event: event type 28
> > HandlePropertyNotify: send_event 0, window 0x2e00043, atom 25
> 'WM_ICON_NAME', time 187328, state 0
> > dispatch_event: event type 28
> > HandlePropertyNotify: send_event 0, window 0x2e00043, atom 132
> '_NET_WM_ICON_NAME', time 187328, state 0
> > dispatch_event: event type 28
> > HandlePropertyNotify: send_event 0, window 0x2e00043, atom 27 'WM_NAME',
> time 187682, state 0
>
> Are these four types of PropertyNotify the only ones until the end
> of the log (I care only about massive occurences of others, not
> just a few stray ones)?

yup, there are ~60k occurrences of each.

> So, the application tries to change its window's and icon's names
> like crazy while loading.  Probably every time it loads some
> element from a file.  Does it display some kind of complexity
> counter in its title?

the tile is not visibly changing (maybe it's updating to the same thing
though?)  as the worksheet loads. I have not seen this with empty files, so
it would seem like the complexity of a maple worksheet may have something
to do with this issue... I could check what/how-many events are generated
when I load an empty/simple one.

> I'll think about how to get the allication under control tomorrow.

thanks!