Thanks for the quick response.

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> wrote:

> You can coerce this through various means.  I suspect in your case
> though those applications are starting due to program-specified hints.
> That's usually typical.  Try:
>
>     Style foo !PPosition

This actually does not seem to work. From the console:
Style skype !PPosition
[fvwm][style_parse_and_set_window_style]: <<ERROR>> Bad style option:
!PPosition

Doing:
Style skype NoPPosition
however does not spit out errors - I will see if that fixes the issue.

> > 2) I use
> > EdgeThickness 1
> > to scroll between pages with a mouse. When I scroll from page to page,
> the
> > Balloons (i.e hints) on the FvwmPager often don't disappear. The chain of
> > events is the following:
>
> Yes, whilst the balloon windows are mapped, no other events happen to
> them.  Same for point 3.

So you are saying this a known bug? in a sense that if the mouse leaves
FvwmPager of FvwmButtons, the balloons should disappear?

While I have seen the case with FvwmButtons for a long time, the one with
the FvwmPager is recent - I am not a hundred percent sure, but I think I
first started seeing it around the time when the new event handling was
implemented.

Would there be any ways around it? for example is there a command that
would force these mouse dependent behavior (balloons, color highlights) to
go to their defaults? If so, I could just force that sort of command into
my ChangePageEventFunc() function.