On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 20:30 (-0500), Dan Espen wrote:

> zli...@ns.sympatico.ca writes:

>> Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
>> fvwm occasionally crashes (a few times a day).

>> Repeat-By:
>> Since I've started trying to take note of when it crashes,
>> every time it was when I was
>>         - switching tabs in firefox,
>>         - opening a new tab in firefox, or
>>         - closing a tab in firefox.
>> #2  0x0000000000485deb in FlocaleFreeNameProperty
>> (ptext=ptext@entry=0x25e9710)
>> at Flocale.c:2358

> If you print ptext->name it will probably be "Untitled".

It actually says
        (gdb) print ptext->name
        $1 = 0x2637de0 " \205c\002"
(which is a much weirder string than "Untitled"), but I'm happy to
ignore that and try the branch you refer me to below.

> It's fixed in the 2_6 branch in CVS.

> If you can, you might want to read through:

> http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/dev_cvs.php

> and get the 2_6 branch like this:

> cvs -d :pserver:anonym...@cvs.fvwm.org:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout -r branch-2_6
> fvwm

> configure, then make.  There's a shell to help.

Thanks for the detailed instructions.  (Note that I don't love a good
hunt every now and then, but not today.)

I am now running the CVS code as of this morning.

Cheers.