> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 07:26:54AM -0700, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:03 AM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:
>> > 13. The window menu should have a SendToPage button too.
>> >

>> Okay.
>
> What is actually the "Current desk" option good for?

It was meant to bring the window the the current desk/page when
working with FvwmIconMan. In my setup clicking on a button in
FvwmIconMan brings you to the desk/page the window is on. Use SendTo
current to bring the window to you.

In my patch I tried to clean this up so now there is a Current
(meaning desk and page) and the the option to send to different desks
or pages.

>> > 14. Raising windows issue with FvwmButttons:
>> >
>> >     * Move some window partially over the panel, then
>> >     * Click on its button in the icon manager.
>> >        => The panel is raised, hiding the window, then the window
>> >           is raised over the panel.  Looks weird.
>> >

>> Okay, I'll put the pannel on bottom so it can't be raised over windows.
>
> I wonder if this is good.  There should be some other way to
> prevent this flashing.

Yea unsure here. I left it as is.

>> > 15. Not sure why, but if you press a button in the icon manager
>> >     and hold it for some time, releasing it does not activate the
>> >     window.
>> >

>> Hmm this is weird? Something to do with FvwmIconMan? I experience this
>> in a standalone FvwmIconMan too that is not swallowed in FvwmButtons.
>> I don't see why the function that gets called would have an affect on
>> this.
>
> Hm, does FvwmIconMan have some kind of "hold" action?

I don't think so, but it appears that some actions are triggered on a
button press and others on a button release. From the FvwmIconMan man
page:

       Normally,  actions  bound to a mouse click are executed when the button
       is pressed. In transient mode, the action is executed when  the  button
       is  released,  since  it  is assumed that FvwmIconMan was bound to some
       mouse event.

So I think that the action is triggered as soon as the button is
pressed, and then it is something in the function handling that causes
the issue. When I hold the button for what would be the time for a
Hold to happen Fvwm gives me this error:

[fvwm][ComplexFunction]: <<ERROR>> Grab failed in function
IconManClick, unable to execute immediate action

So it seems that something in function handling is breaking the
function if the button is held down to long.

jaimos