*The man page:*
                     IconSize sets limits on the size of an icon image.
Both user-provided and application-provided icon images are affected.

                         IconSize [ width height [ maxwidth maxheight ] ]

                     All arguments are measured in pixels.  When all four
arguments are passed to IconSize, width and height represent the minimum
size of
                     an icon, and maxwidth and maxheight represent the
maximum size of an icon.  Icon images that are smaller than the minimum
size are
                     padded.  Icon images that are bigger than the maximum
size are clipped.

                     If only two arguments are passed to IconSize, width
and height represent the absolute size of an icon.  Icons covered by this
style are
                     padded or clipped to achieve the given size.

                     If no arguments are specified, the default values are
used for each dimension.  This effectively places no limits on the size of
an
                     icon.

                     The value of "-1" can be used in place of any of the
arguments to specify the default value for that dimension.

                     In addition to the numeric arguments, 1 additional
argument can be "Stretched", "Adjusted", or "Shrunk".

                     Note that module provided icon managers are not
affected by this style.

*This is not correct.  The "1 additional argument"  must appear first and
is missing from the syntax specification.  Something like this?*
                     IconSize sets limits on the size of an icon image.
Both user-provided and application-provided icon images are affected.

                         IconSize [Stretched|Adjusted|Shrunk] [ width
height [ maxwidth maxheight ] ]

                     The optional first argument indicates whether icons
should be resized to fit within the range specified instead of clipping or
padding
                     them.

                     Up to 4 additional arguments are measured in pixels.
When all four arguments are passed to IconSize, width and height represent
the
                     minimum size of an icon, and maxwidth and maxheight
represent the maximum size of an icon.  Unless an applicable resizing
operation is
                     specified, Icon images smaller than the minimum size
are padded, and Icon images bigger than the maximum size are clipped.

                     If only two arguments are passed to IconSize, width
and height represent the absolute size of an icon.  Icons covered by this
style are
                     padded or clipped to achieve the given size.

                     If no arguments are specified, the default values are
used for each dimension.  This effectively places no limits on the size of
an
                     icon.

                     The value of "-1" can be used in place of any of the
arguments to specify the default value for that dimension.

                     Note that module provided icon managers are not
affected by this style.

*Might work better.  A patch to Style.xml is attached.*
*** Style.orig.xml	2018-03-25 15:01:09.000000000 -0400
--- Style.xml	2021-04-30 12:48:31.265591198 -0400
***************
*** 1057,1066 ****
  and application-provided icon images are affected.</para>

  <programlisting>
  </programlisting>

! <para>All arguments are measured in pixels.  When all four arguments are
  passed to
  <emphasis>IconSize,</emphasis>
  <emphasis>width</emphasis>
--- 1057,1070 ----
  and application-provided icon images are affected.</para>

  <programlisting>
  </programlisting>

! <para>The optional first argument indicates whether icons should be resized to fit within
! the range specified instead of clipping or padding them.
! </para>
!
! <para>Up to 4 additional arguments are measured in pixels.  When all four arguments are
  passed to
  <emphasis>IconSize,</emphasis>
  <emphasis>width</emphasis>
***************
*** 1070,1077 ****
  <emphasis>maxwidth</emphasis>
  and
  <emphasis>maxheight</emphasis>
! represent the maximum size of an icon.  Icon images that are smaller
! than the minimum size are padded.  Icon images that are bigger than
  the maximum size are clipped.</para>

  <para>If only two arguments are passed to
--- 1074,1081 ----
  <emphasis>maxwidth</emphasis>
  and
  <emphasis>maxheight</emphasis>
! represent the maximum size of an icon.  Unless an applicable resizing operation is specified,
! Icon images smaller than the minimum size are padded; Icon images bigger than
  the maximum size are clipped.</para>

  <para>If only two arguments are passed to
***************
*** 1088,1097 ****
  <para>The value of "-1" can be used in place of any of the arguments to
  specify the default value for that dimension.</para>

- <para>In addition to the numeric arguments, 1 additional argument can be
- "Stretched", "Adjusted", or "Shrunk".
- </para>
-
  <para>Note that module provided icon managers are not affected by this style.</para>

  </section>
--- 1092,1097 ----