On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 12:58:12PM +0200, Viktor Griph wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Dominik Vogt wrote:
[snip]
> I've reverted the patch, and will try to look for a more complete (and
> probably more complex) solution when I find the time.
>
> The problem is that if you do for example
> DestroyFunc ResizeFunction
> AddToFunc ResizeFunction
> + M ThisWindow (Shaded) WindowShade off
> + M Resize
> + M TestRc (Match) WindowShade on
>
> Mouse  1 SF ResizeFunction
> to resize shaded windows opaque you end up with reference point making it
> resize to double it's size at start, and move up to above it's starting
> point. If you move the pointer down beneth the old lower border it will
> just be double sized. I'll look into another solution.

Phew, interesting problem.  You're right in that the resize code
should not have a reference point to start with when changing the
size of a shaded window.  The difficult part is to find out that
the window *was* shaded when the reference point was recorded but
isn't anymore.

Can you explain the jumping movement from the top of your head?  I
guess you have already debugged that, so I don't need to look at
it myself for now.

> >>Ooops. Sorry about that. What was the compiler flags that should be used
> >>to disable all ignorable warnings?
> >
> >gcc-2.95.x:
> >
> > make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -Werror"
> >
> >gcc-3.x and gcc-4.x:
> >
> > make CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -fno-stric-aliasing -Werror"

By the way, this information and more is in the docs/DEVELOPERS
file.  I always try to keep it up to date.

Ciao