Hi,

According to the fvwm manpage, I should report "something specific that
you cannot do without [Recapture|RecaptureWindow]", if I find it.

I like to have my screen absolutely blank -- all screen-space must be
available for the application to use -- , but I also like to have a
pager, terminal, stats, etc available at a moment's notice.  My solution
to this is to set certain applications to a style without title or
handle, shade them in the appropriate direction[0], and place them on
the borders of the page with a FvwmAuto set for each one to unshade it
if the mouse passes over it.

All applications except for gkrellm2 are fine with this.  gkrellm2
occasionally unshades to be as so:

.----.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.   X.
.___X.

...where 'X' denotes a part of gkrellm2 that I can see, ' ' denotes a
completely transparent space, and the rest of the characters show the
border of window.  So I end up with a 1-pixel wide view of the right
edge of gkrellm2, and a whole lot of transparent space between the left
edge of the screen and said edge.

RecaptureWindow, called whenever this happens, solves this problem.  Is
there another way to solve it _without_ using RecaptureWindow?

Thanks and regards,

Yusuf
[0] If on the West edge, the shading is to the West; if on the North
edge, the shading is North; and so forth.
--
No .sigs attached.