On  6 May 01 at 21:28, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Any way, I am interested by the utf 8 stuff. It is a good solution for
> supporting all the languages. So, maybe I will implement the utf-8 part
> of the spec. in the future. At the present time I have to take a look at
> the different C libraries available. Any suggestion is welcome.

    AFAIK, the most ubiquitous charset conversion library is libiconv.  GNU
libiconv is available at
http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-libiconv.html .

    If you wish to *display* utf8 strings, there is a Xutf8* family by Bruno
Haible in XFree86 >= 4.0.2, but these are experimental and their inclusion
caused great scandal in i18n@xfree86.org (CJK people disliked this interface
very much).