On 09 May 2001 01:48:44 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:58:24PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> > I don't know when this started.
> >
> >   AddToFunc TestFunction I Wait "unexisting window"
> >   TestFunction
> >
> > Now, click or drag using the mouse anywhere. Woops, mouse is mostly
> > locked. The keyboard works well (did I say something similar before?),
> > so you may quit this mode by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Escape.
>
> That's not really new.  This was always the case if the function
> used anything else but 'I'.  I don't know what to do about that.
> The pointer must be grabbed during function execution for the
> reasons I explained in the thread with Paul's deiconify problem.

I think I see this thread and I can't find where is explained why the
cursor grabbing is needed. What is the date of the message you mention?

This locked cursor behaviour is not good. Wait is mostly used in "I"
functions. It is used in many places, including fvwm-themes, FVWM FAQ.

In any case I think Wait command may have additional optional parameter
"timeout" and probably one more optional parameter "timeout-command".
And we should have a built-in command Break, which finishes a function,
it may be used in Wait's "timeout-command" or in conditional commands.

Regards,
Mikhael.