On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 01:24:15AM +0200, André Dahlqvist wrote:
> Hi developers,
>
> I just compiled the current CVS version of FVWM with the newly released
> gcc 3.0. The compile finished successfully, but I got these warning during
> the build:
>
> FvwmCpp.o: In function `cpp_defs':
> /home/andre/devel/cvs/fvwm-build/modules/FvwmCpp/FvwmCpp.c:255: the use of
> `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

We know about the mktemp warnings already but don't know what to
do about it.

> readconfig.c:1094:3: warning: pasting "." and "buttonState" does not give a
> valid preprocessing token

This is the code:

  #define SET_MANAGER(manager,field,value)                           \
     do {                                                            \
           globals.managers[id].##field = value;                     \
       }                                                             \
     } while (0)

  SET_MANAGER (manager, buttonState[context], state);

To me that seems as if the preprocessor is broken.  It issues a
warning as if

  globals.managers[id].##field

was expanded to tow separate tokens:

  globals.managers[id] .buttonState[context]
                     ^^^

and not to

  globals.managers[id].buttonState[context]
                     ^^

And even if it split the token into two it would hardly ever
matter since C does not care for the additional space.