Dominik Vogt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 04:57:53PM +0200, Lorenz Minder wrote:
> > I don't actually think this is release critical, but I think it should
> > probably not be me to decide that, therefore I figured it would be
> > better to mention that anyway.
> >
> > I have another problem with unclutter. Here's a minimal config:
> >
> > Style   *       SloppyFocus
> > Key     Tab     A       M       Next [*] Focus
> >
> > Reproduce:
> >
> > 1) Open two xterms.
> > 2) Move the mouse on the title bar or border of one of these xterms.
> > 3) Switch windows with Alt-Tab (but leave the mouse pointer where it is)
> > 4) Wait --- When unclutter hides the mouse pointer, focus is switched
> > 5) Even more annoyingly, you can't switch back with Alt-Tab, it will
> >    immediately switch back again.
>
> The problem is this:
>
> When unclutter hides the pointer, it creates an invisible
> subwindow to the window that currently contains the pointer.
> Since the pointer generates an EnterNofity on the new window and
> unclutter sends a synthetic EnterNotify on its parent so that the
> application thinks it still has the cursor.
>
> Now, while the cursor is hidden, unclutter waits for any
> interesting event including FocusOut on the parent window.  If it
> gets one, it destroys its subwindow, creates a new one and sends
> another EnterNotify.
>
> With SloppyFocus and MouseFocus this new EnterNotify moves the
> focus right back to the old window.  There is not much we can do
> about this in fvwm, it has to be fixed in unclutter.  fvwm
> responds correctly to the events it gets.

It seems to me that if you are using SloppyFocus or MouseFocus,
you want the focus to follow the mouse pointer.
Thats what it does.

The "Next [*] Focus" command violates that rule, but unclutter fixes
it up.  If you want to focus on a new window with either of these
focus models, warptowindow should be used.

I don't think theres a problem.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]