[SNIP]
> > >   There are several things to notice:
> > >
> > > - 2.4 makes an additional dark border around the window, hence the window
> > >   is 2px wider and 1px taller.
> >
> > See my comment above.  With an empty config file, borders look the
> > same in 2.4 and 2.2.5.
> [SNIP]
> > > - On the upper [right resize corner]=>[vertical part]=>[hilite right
> > >   vertical line] runs 1px higher than it should.  This reminds a bug I
> > >   reported on spring...
> >
> > I see it on your screenshot, but I don't see it here.  Could you
> > provide all your border/title/button related config lines, please?
>
>       Two screenshots are attached, null224.gif is fvwm-2.2.4 (from
> ftp.fvwm.org), null24.gif is fvwm-cvs-2001-Sep-10 (cvs checkout, not ftp
> snapshot).  Both were made with "./configure --prefix=<dir>; make; make
> install", with no other options specified.  Both were run with
> <dir>/bin/fvwm2 -f /dev/null.
>
>       While both of these screenshots are 1px less tall than their
> yesterday's AnotherLevel-based analogs (due to lack of buttons?), the
> picture is the same -- 2.4 is 2px wider and 1px taller than 2.2.4.
> However, I didn't check 2.2.5 yet (in fact, I never used it).  The extra
> hilited pixel is also there.

I can't verify this at all.  2.2.4 looks perfect here as well as
2.2.5.  Are you really 100% no-doubt-about-it *sure* that you
started the correct executable and not some older one lying around
on your disk?  I can at least vaguela remember a problem similar
to the overshooting hilight pixel.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about bugs in old releases that
are fixed today.  If there ever was a default 6 pixel border, it
was *not* the intended behaviour.