Mikhael Goikhman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Still you didn't described an example where this would be required.
> I can invent artificial examples, but I want to see a real-life one
> where using FVWM_DATADIR for system stuff and FVWM_USERDIR for
> user's is not enough.

we (that is Institute for Informatics, University of Oslo, Norway)
have sitewide fvwm setup for all new users. Installed on at least 2
different architectures as of now... using a highly modularised setup,
where users can customize parts of the setup by making their own files
in FVWM_USERDIR, these would otherwise be included from the global
setup directory (same for all architectures). Other stuff from the
fvwm distribution would be included from FVWM_DATADIR.

--
[ IRL   : Peder Stray                               ]
[ "A new life awaits you in the off-world colonies" ]