Hello,

I think it will be good that fvwm can load png images. The reason
is that png is a good format and that there is a lot of icons and
mini-icons in such format in the hd of a lot of machine (GNOME
and KDE version > 1 use this format).

One possibility is to use an image library as imlib2. The advantage
is that if we do so fvwm will be able to load image in various
format (as jpg, tiff ...etc). Nevertheless, I do not think that this
is a good idea as IMHO we only need to add support for png image
and we do not need all the goodies of an image library. I mean
that I do not think that fvwm should depends on a given image
library (and we should write ourself our image goodies functions)
and then it will be absurd to use an image library for just loading
png images.

So if there is no objection I will write a png loader (using
libpng) for fvwm (with the help of imlib2 source code).

Olivier