On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 09:58:33PM -0400, Ben Mathews wrote:
> Forgot to attach the attachment to the last one.  Here it is again, with
> the attachment! -------------
>
> Attached is the fixed patch that allows shortcut buttons in FvwmTaskBar,
> as well as a couple of new positioning options.    It now does not crash
> when you declare a start button after a minibutton, and a problem with
> using StartMenu (instead of the spiffy new StartCommand) has also been
> fixed.  I have been beating it for a couple of hours now and it seems
> perfectly stable.

I have applied the patch to the latest CVS code.  Can you please
make another patch for the NEWS file and modules/ChangeLog?

[snip]

> Some sample lines from my fvwm2rc:
>
> *FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsLeftMargin 1
> *FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsRightMargin 0
> *FvwmTaskBar: StartButtonRightMargin 2
>
> *FvwmTaskBar: Button Title Mozilla, Action exec exec
> /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla
> *FvwmTaskBar: Button Icon mini.term.xpm, Action exec exec xterm
> *FvwmTaskBar: Button Title Freeamp, Icon mini.cd.xpm, Action exec exec
> freeamp

Works nicely.  I noticed a few cosmetical quirks and a real bug:

 * When the tip window pops up over such a button, it contains the
   text "Click here to start" as if the pointer was over the Start
   button.  The position isn't correct either.  I guess there
   should be no tip window at all by default but you can specify a
   text to display in the button definition, e.g.

     *FvwmTaskBar: Button Icon mini.term.xpm, Tip "Start xterm", \\
      Action exec exec xterm

   But that's not critical.  To reproduce, add

     *FvwmTaskBar: ShowTips

   to your config file.

 * A bug:  press a mouse button over one of these sub buttons.
   It is then drawn pressed in.  Now drag the pointer a bit with
   the button still down ==> all parts of the extended start
   buttons are drawn pressed in.

 * The action is invoked when the button is released, not when
   it's pressed as in most other parts of fvwm, e.g. window
   titles and FvwmButtons.

 * When I use

     *FvwmTaskBar: AutoStick

   and press the Start button, the task bar vanishes.  It's on
   neither of my four pages, but it's still in the process list.