On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> What do these error messages try to tell me:
>
> --
> [FvwmButtons][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmIconMan][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> --
>
> This is what I have set:
>
>   $ locale
>   LANG=C
>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   LC_*="C"
>   LC_ALL=

   Does [EMAIL PROTECTED] actually exist? For instance

    locate [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   should give you a whole bunch of stuff. If you build the
   libraries yourself then glibc doesn't install all the locales
   by default but you have to do a

         make localedata/install-locales

    after 'make install'

    if you email them.

    bruce

    PS its ironic that I have to use spammail (yahoo) because my paid for
    account is being rejected.

Remote-MTA: DNS; util2.math.uh.edu
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550-rejected because 202.105.36.198 is in a block list
at relays.osirusoft.com

=====
[EMAIL PROTECTED]