On 01 Nov 2002 15:06:22 +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> By the way, I think all the
>
>   ...Strut
>
> stuff is misnamed.  It should all be named
>
>   ...Struts
>          ^^^

I think it should follow the same logic as Border/NoBorder (I hope we will
have side border options: !TitleBorder, !SideBorders, !OppositeBorder).

> And I think
>
>   PlacementOverlap(Percent)Penalties
>
> should be renamed to
>
>   MinOverlap(Percent)PlacementPenalties

This would be more intuitive.

> So, don't be surprised when the old names stop working in future
> 2.5.x releases.
>
> Also, I think the arguments of the EwmhBaseStrut command should
> use "percent of screen size" as the default unit, not "pixels",
> since virtually all other commands work like this.  The new
> syntax would the be
>
>   EwmhBaseStrut 0p 576p 0p 432p

To be honest, I would break compatibility (maybe in 3.0?) and use points
for numbers without suffix and percents for numbers with '%' suffix. I.e.:

  48  - 48 points (currently percents)
  48p - 48 points
  48% - 48 percents (currently not really supported, but it works)

I think, it is good to add support for '%' in our geometry too.

Regards,
Mikhael.