On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 05:37:37PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> FVWM CVS <fvwm-workers@fvwm.org> writes:
> > * WARNNING: Documented the new options. A draft ... Dan any comments?
>
> I think its getting better.
>
> I still need to do more work on the wording.
>
> The formulas are really hard for the average user to understand.
> For example:
>
> fvwm can use any color cube of the form RxGxB with 2 <= R <= 6, R = G,
> R-1 =< B <= R and B >= 2.
>
> I think they might be better expressed in words, or works and
> the formula.

Sorry for the delay. Yes the formula sentence is horrible.  Maybe a
list of color limit should be given: 2, 4, 8 (regular grey), 9 (2x2x2
cc + 1 grey), 2x (3x3x3 cc plus x grey level), 61 (the "visual"
palette), 71 (4x4x4 cc + 13 grey levels, current XFree cvs default),
13x (5x5x5 + x grey), 216 (6x6x6 cc) and 244 (6x6x6 + 28 grey,
XFree-4.2.x default).

> Its still hard to figure out which option to use.

I think the only solution is: try it and/or ask advice to the
fvwm mailing list.

> Is it possible to associate each option with QT, GTK, gradients,
> plain old X applications?

Yes maybe I will try to write something.

> It says QT and GTK use cubes, but
> it doesn't say which cube.

GTK and QT apps which allows color limitation can use any color cube
of the form "RxGxB with 2 <= R <= 6, R = G, > R-1 =< B <= R and B >=
2".

Thanks, Olivier