< From elliot Sat Nov 16 00:37:22 2002
< To: fvwm-workers@fvwm.org
< Subject: re: fix for 2.5.4 xview
<
< <<
< > During this time (key held down), a mouse click should not cause
< > a change in focus.  2.5.3 and prior didnt not cause change in
< > focus. 2.5.4 does.
<
< Finally, I think I understand what your problem is.  How am I
< supposed to know that you have configured your paste key as a
< *modifier* key?  The behaviour you describe is 100% correct, exect
< for modifier key.  I can take care of this.
< >>

It would seem that reinserting the 2.5.3 focus.c "for loop" brings back the
working 2.5.3 L8 (Paste) behavior.

static void __focus_grab_one_button(
        FvwmWindow *fw, int button, int grab_buttons)
{
        Bool do_grab;
        unsigned int mods;
        unsigned int max = GetUnusedModifiers();
        unsigned int living_modifiers = ~max;

        do_grab = (grab_buttons & (1 << button));
        if ((do_grab & (1 << button)) == (fw->grabbed_buttons & (1 << button)))
        {
                return;
        }

        /* handle all bindings for the dead modifiers */
        for (mods = 0; mods <= max; mods++)
        {
                /* Since mods starts with 1 we don't need to test if
                 * mods contains a dead modifier. Otherwise both, dead
                 * and living modifiers would be zero ==> mods == 0 */
                if (mods & living_modifiers)
                {
                        continue;
                }
                if (do_grab)
                {
                        XGrabButton(
                                dpy, button + 1, mods, FW_W_PARENT(fw), True,
                                ButtonPressMask, GrabModeSync, GrabModeAsync,
                                None, None);
                        /* Set window flags accordingly as we grab or ungrab. */
                        fw->grabbed_buttons |= (1 << button);
                }
                else
                {
                        XUngrabButton(dpy, button + 1, mods, FW_W_PARENT(fw));
                        fw->grabbed_buttons &= ~(1 << button);
                }
        }

        return;