Dominik Vogt <fvwm@fvwm.org> writes:
> You can run a separate X server or an Xnest in a window.
> To run fvwm in an Xnest window (Xnest should run on any X server):
>
>   $ Xnest -full -sync -name "Xnest :3" -fp `xset -q | grep fonts` :3
>
>   $ fvwm2 -d :3 ...
>
> Both ways have their disadvantages.  With a separate X server,
> XFree frequently hangs when switching displays, especially if the
> pointer/keyboard/server is grabbed.  Xnest does not handle all
> types of events well.  It's especially annoying that you can't
> easily leave the Xnest window without moving the pointer across
> it.  You could use the WarpPointer command for that.  Also, key
> bindings don't work in an Xnest window if they are already handled
> by the parent fvwm.  Furthermore it is sometimes difficult to
> attach a debugger to an fvwm running under Xnest.

I've installed xnest, and attaching gdb to an fvwm inside of xnest
is no problem.

I was trying to get this working to see if I could contribute
to the Openinterface problem, but right now, I'm afraid I don't
know what part of Fvwm to set a breakpoint in.  I tried fvwm/events.c
HandleEvents, but that seems to be driven too often.

Does anyone have any hints?

--
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]