On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 01:10:16PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Here is a list of things that I think have to be done before 2.6
> that you may not be aware of.  I write them here specfically
> because I will most likely do none of them.  My reasoning is:
> nobody is maintaining these features or taking care of them,  and
> 2.6 is meant to be a *stable* release.  But of course you can do
> what you want with them - it's all code under GPL.
>
>  * Remove tear off menus.  Either that or finish the menu rewrite
>    (to allow full operation without grabbing pointer or keyboard
>    from within menus).  There is still some unfinished code in
>    menus.c.

Humm ..., you start to write this code. If you do not want to finish
it during the freeze, I think it will be more safe that _you_ disable
this code by using "#ifdef" (as you know it). Using "#ifdef" will
allow to finish this code after 2.6.

>  * Remove the new internal event and command interface.  I suggest
>    to back out the code by moving back to the 2.5.3 code base and
>    re-apply all patches.  The changes were too big to catch all of
>    them.

If this code is ok and finished I do not think we should move back to
2.5.3.  If a bug is found in this code at some point, then the
fvwm-workers will try to fix it.

>  * Remove the --disable-ewmh and --disable-gnome-hints configure
>    options.

I will do this (beginning of 2003).

Olivier