Elliot, is it your intention to keep your numerous small changes in your
local copy only or you would like to see them in the official version?
If the later, you should add your changes as an option to make happy
everyone. If you are not sure about the option names, we may discus this.

Once you add a new option/command, you should also document it in the man
page (fvwm.1.in or FvwmTaskBar.1), NEWS and ChangeLog. Then create a patch
that contains the changes to all these files as described in FAQ #5.1, it
is not hard. So anyone could apply your patch using one "patch" command.

I think I already wrote you about this. Someone should do this work.
Please make the work of developers easier by not requiring them to write
a code and a documentation to incorporate your changes. Thank you.

Regards,
Mikhael.