On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> > > We thought about a self-running demo, but that does not
> > > exclude showing off fvwm's features.
> >
> > A X-Demo, Flash or something else?
>
> An fvwm demo.  It should run from inside fvwm, requiring as few
> external programs as possible, especially X applications.

This might be done be done by a file containing
fvwm-configuration statements and fvwm-commands or
FvwmCommand if I get it to work. Currently it claims:
"No such file or directory FvwmCommand error in opening message fifo"

> > Partly interactive?
>
> Your choice.

FvwmButtons could be used to select parts of the demo and
execute them step by step.

> > How about using the schedule-feature of 2.5.x to build a
> > demo?
>
> No opinion.  Might work well, but maybe not.

Instead of the schedule command one could use constructs
like

PipeRead 'sleep 1; echo "Popup MAIN_MENU_popup"'

to achieve a delay between steps of fvwm commands.

Which features should be demonstrated (Moving, Shading,
FvwmCascade, Buttons, TaskBar, WindowList, Colorsets,
Menus, Functions, ...)?

Uwe
--
Uwe Pross