With the next fvwm release, I plan to modify the license on the
parts of fvwm that I have written:

Using my code will be allowed under the terms of the GNU Public
License for:

 - private use everywhere,
 - use by non-government organisations that have humanitarian
   goals or fight against all forms of war,
 - use by anybody in the countries that do not dispatch military
   forces against Iraq.

Using fvwm is explicitly forbidden in any country that does send
military forces against Iraq:

 - in their public administration and government
 - in educational institutions and research istitutes
 - in companies.

These terms will be in force for the duration of the war plus one
hour for every killed civilian.

I can not bear the thought that my work has any part in killing
people, no matter how small; for example at universities that
further the development of weapons by their research.  I am fully
aware this is unjust towards many people, but killing is a much
greater injustice.  I will listen to suggestions to improve these
licensing terms, though.

Fvwm is distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License
which enforces the same license on all modifications of the code.
But there are central source files that have only been touched by
me and for which I hold the copyright.  Therefore I think I have
the right to do this.  The license of all versions in the past
will not change and anybody may continue to work on fvwm on this
base.

Everybody who knows how much time I spent improving fvwm should
know how difficult this step is for me.  So, please, spare me any
flares, especially of the anti-German type.