On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 03:43:58PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:

> On my Solaris 8 system, /usr/xpg4/bin/sh is a link to /usr/bin/ksh
> which happens to the the same as /bin/ksh.
>
> The "sh" man page confirms this:
>
>      The /usr/xpg4/bin/sh utility is identical  to  /usr/bin/ksh.

Okay.  This is different in Solaris 9, and possibly in Solaris 8 with
the patch I mentioned.  They are separate binaries, and the man page
notes that they're mostly the same except in some places mentioned in
the ksh man page (which happen to be in arithmetic expansion, as it
turns out).

> I think someone is confused.

Looks like it.

Danek