On 01 May 2003 14:16:36 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

> I'm really impressed with the level of response we are getting this
> time around.  Would it screw things up too much if I added $100 U.S.
> to the prize money?

My opinion.

I don't think it is a good idea to buy a logo.
It adds more greed than a healthy competition.

If already there is a prize, I don't think it is the developers who
should budget it (sponsors, supporters, users).

If already there is a prize, I don't think it should be all to one, none
to others. By submitting the logos every participant gives us nice images
to use even if they are not the winner. Old logos were used everywhere.
Maybe choosing 3 first winners.

Of course I am not going to argue if anyone enjoys getting nice logos and
changes the prize. It is only that I do not participate with money. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.