On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:30:37AM -0700, Jason Gabler wrote:

> transparency + FvwmWinList:
>
> I'm trying to use as much transparency as possible (similar to the Crystal
> theme), this includes using transparency with the FvwmWinList module.  I
> find that it often uses the wrong window names/titles in the list.
> Sometimes an fvwm restart can fix this (most often not).  Fully login out
> of X and then back in sometimes fixes it (more often than an fvwm restart).
> Basically the behavior is FvwmWinList will use window names of windows that
> have WindowListSkip in their Style to replace window names that sjould be
> in the list.  For the record, I've never seen this happen when not using
> transparency.  I've only seen this when Fvwm starts.

I will take a look at this pb but you start your module as

> Module FvwmBacker
> Module FvwmTheme
> Module FvwmWinList
> Module FvwmButtons

This is not a good idea (as the man pager says). This should be

AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I Module FvwmBacker
+ I Module FvwmTheme
+ I Module FvwmWinList
+ I Module FvwmButtons

> transparency with title bars:
>
> Transparent title bars can often get locked into a particular portion of
> the background.  No matter where you place the windows they maintain them
> same portion of the background.  This can happen when Fvwm starts or after
> some use of the WM.
>
> Transperent title bars sometimes show the given background color and do not
> do transparency.    This can happen when Fvwm starts or after some use of
> the WM.
>
> transparency with FvwmButtons:
>
> The same sticking image problem can happen as with title bars.

I think that these stick images problem come from your FvwmBaker
config:

> *FvwmTheme: Colorset 12 Pixmap initialD_FDnFC.xpm
> *FvwmBacker: Command (Desk *, Page * *) Exec fvwm-root
> /home/jason/Icons/Desktop/initialD_FDnFC.xpm
> *FvwmBacker: Command (Desk 0) Colorset 12
> *FvwmBacker: RetainPixmap

You should use the "--retain-pixmap" option of fvwm-root

> transparency with FvwmPager:
>
> Not sure if this is transparency related, but sometimes FvwmPager just
> doesn't start or it wont swallow into Buttons.  I've never seen this w/o
> transparency.

Do you have any error msg (X stderr) or a core dump file when this
happen?

> My .fvwm2rc is attached as "fvwm2rc.jyg"

Some others remarks on you config.

First you do not always define the bg color in the Colorsets. This
causes fvwm to compute the "average" color of your root pixmap. If
you do not want this for a colorset define the bg color (this speedup
colorset loading).

> ModulePath /usr/libexec/fvwm/2.5.7

This line is not useful and cause pb when you upgrade

Please replace any line of the form:

*FvwmThemes: Colorset

by

Colorset

and be sure you do not start the FvwmTheme module.

Regards, Olivier