FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/1320

Message summary for PR#1320
        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: xft and fedora linux
        Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:40:57 -0500
        0 replies       0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thu Jun 17 20:40:58 2004
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:40:57 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Full_Name: Don Duttweiler
Version: 2.5.10
CVS_Date:
OS: Linux Fedora Core 2
X_Server: xorg
Submission from: (NULL) (68.7.63.215)

Antialiased fonts do not seem to work when using the recent Fedora Core 2
linux distribution.  Under the earlier RedHat 9.0 they were working fine
for me.  This is true whether using freshly compiled (under the new OS)
executables or the executables that were used under RedHat 9.0.  The
configuration file (fvwm2rc) is unchanged.  I've played around with
various compile options but changed nothing in so doing.

No error messages appear, but the font used is clearly not an anti-aliased
one.  What is particularly puzzling is that even the application xterm
does not properly pick up the anti-aliased fonts when I run fvwm as the
window manager.  Under gnome it does.  I don't understand how the window
manager could be even involved here.  With fvwm 2.5.10 and RedHat 9.0,
xterm picked up the antialiased fonts just fine.