On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:03:54PM -0500, fvwm-bug wrote:
> FVWM Bug Tracking notification
>
> new message incoming/1403
>
> Subject: Process crashes
>
> Full_Name: Dave Roberts
> Version: 2.5.10-r3
> CVS_Date:
> OS: Gentoo 2.6.6 kernel
> X_Server: xfree-4.3.0-r6
> Submission from: (NULL) (68.233.161.27)
>

> When using Mozilla Firefox, sometimes when I close the extensions window
> all of Firefox will close (crash).  Sometimes when I close an "IM window"
> using gaim, the entire program will close (crash).  This leads me to
> believe that FVWM is crashing these applications in the same way.  Their is
> no clear way to reproduce it, but it happens fairly often.  Please let me
> know what I can do to help.

Most likely you are using the "Close" or "Destroy" fvwm command
to close your windows.  What you describe is the normal behaviour
for these functions:  if an application does not close its window
on request, the application is killed forcefully.  If you don't
want that, use the "Delete" command.

Ciao