Hi all,

Someone recently asked me about the status of if-syntax in Fvwm. This
inspired me to readdress an earlier patch I wrote (which was somewhat
limited in scope & a bit buggy) to identify the issues & hack up a robust
implementation.

This new patch:
- ensures there are no race conditions b/w modules
- allows nested if statements
- allows if statements in functions
- is very intuitive (IMO)
- is not yet documented in the man page

Some example syntax:

# A simple if-statement.
If Any ("xterm")
        Echo "An xterm session is running"
Elsif Any ("rxvt")
        Echo "An rxvt session is running"
Else
        Echo "No xterm/rxvt sessions running"
EndIf

AddToFunc ToBeOrNotToBe
+ I Echo "To be or not to be? That is the question ..."
+ I If ShellCmd uname -a | grep -q -i linux
+ I             Echo "To be! :)"
+ I Else
+ I             Echo "Not to be. :("
+ I Endif

Further examples are available at:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/tmp/config.if

Developers interested in this patch will probably want to read this thread:

http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0108/msg00044.html

To apply this patch, download:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/tmp/if.patch

& run: