On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 11:32:27PM +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
> > I think it's better to mention the fact that the !* is now prefered
> (and the other negations are deprecated) only once, instead of
> mentioning it in every command description. This way we have a man
> page section with something like:
>
> NoButton -> !Button NoTitle -> !Title (...)

Look at how the GlobalOpts works in the manpage -- whilst I don't
suggest we list every single change in that way, it's one possibility.

All really that needs to be done is in the code for FVWM generate
deprecation warnings.  In the manpage add a description detailing the
fact that command negation now works thusly:  !foo -- and any commands
in use which use "NoFoo" to negate the command "Foo" should be changed
to "!Foo".

> or even something like:
>
> These negation styles are deprecated. Please use now the ! sign to
> negate the styles. The list: NoButton, NoTitle, (...)

I prefer this one.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"If I were a witch's hat, sitting on her head like a paraffin stove, I'd
fly away and be a bat." -- Incredible String Band.