Snapping to the grid, other windows and screen edges hat a nasty
interaction that has been bugging me for years, but I don't know
how to fix it.  Suppose you have this:

  Style * SnapAttraction 12 Sametype, SnapGrid 4 4
  EdgeResistance 500
  Style * EdgeMoveDelay 500, EdgeMoveResistance 128
  EdgeScroll 0 0

There's a button bar in the bottom left corner and another window
that is a little shorter than the screen height minus the buttons
height, say, one pixel shorter:

  +---------------------+
  |+--------+           | <--- small gap
  || window |           |
  ||        |           |
  ||        |           |
  ||        |           |
  ||        |           |
  ||        |           |
  || button bar |       |

When moving the window with the mouse it's difficult to snap the
window to the top edge of the screen because it prefers to snap to
the button bar instead.  Try it out yourself.  I just don't know
how to "fix" it.

Ciao

Dominik Vogt