On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 6:15 AM Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:

> The command
>
>   emulate mwm
>
> has almost no effect.  I'd like to remove it.  There are only
> three things it controls:
>
> 1) The geometry window during move and resize is hard coded to the
>    center of the screen.
>
>    => Give the window it's coordinates explicitly.

There is already a new GeometryWindow option which can control the
location of the geometry window. So this is now fully configurable
outside of the emulate options.

> 2) During an interactive placement, to tell fvwm that you want to
>    resize the window after placement:
>      mwm mode:  press shift + button 1
>      fvwm mode: press button 2
>
>    => Just allow both.

Is this configurable via some binding. If not we should make the
button for this configurable via a binding, and just choose one for
the default behavior that can be changed.

> 3) Some weirdness about initial drawing of the wire frame.
>
>    => Remove that special case.  It makes zero sense.
>
> Opinions?

I'm unsure of any other problems here. I would just put some other
method to configure these aspects if there isn't already one in place.

jaimos