On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I think he means caching a bitmap of that window from the last time
>  that it was mapped, until it's mapped again. However, if fvwm did that,
>  then it's an fvwm thing, and I don't think that xwd looks into fvwm structs
>  to rescue bitmaps. This is an X thing, not an fvwm ones. Or maybe I
>  misunderstood something.

Yah, that makes sense. I thought that FVWM was doing something in its
virtual page / desk code that would identify windows as "off screen"
and therefore eligible for memory reclaimation. So, if we could stop
marking windows as being off screen and/or triggering X to unmap them
when the user changes pages / desks, that would be ideal!

Thoughts?
-jesse