On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:43:01PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> I'm running fvwm 2.5.24 on Fedora 8.
>
> If I go to System - Preferences - Look and Feel - Desktop Effects and
> click the "Enable Desktop Effects" butoon it crashes my fvwm2 session.

What menu is this. By default fvwm does not have 'Desktop Effects' so you are
using some custom configuration which probabally requires other softwear.

Are you using fvwm-crystal? or some other set of fvwm configs?

Is this system/preferences menu a part of a gnome/kde pannell you have running
and so it is trying to set a preference for a special window manager which you
are not running with its default window manager and so the desktop isn't able
to set its preferences correctally?

In either case this doesn't sound like an fvwm issue yet. To me it sounds like
a gnome pannell you have running within fvwm, and in that case the
system/preferences menu won't do much to changing fvwm. If it is fvwm-crystal
or another set of configs I would ask the question there.

If you can be a bit clearer about the above, it will be possible to help or
point you in the right direction.

jaimos