On Wed, Apr 29 2009, Dan Espen wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava <sriva...@acm.org> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>         Is the http://www.fvwm.org/cgi-bin/fvwm-bug the preferred place
>>  to report bugs? It is very hard to keep track of the state of the bug
>>  if you do not know the bug ID -- and on submitting a bug the system
>>  reports success, but doe not give an ID -- and bug does not seem to
>>  show up in incoming.
>
> After the bug list got overloaded with spam
> I know I stopped paying attention.
>
>>         I did not see an easy way to locate bugs I have submitted there
>>  either.  Here is the most recent bug report I submitted, and which I
>>  can't locate again:
>>
>> ,----[ Titlebar can not show all characters ]
>>         I am trying to triage the fvwm bugs reported against the Debian
>>  packages, and send them to y'all, so that they can be looked at -- but
>>  the bug submission page makes it hard to keep track of progress.
>>
>>         I can send them here, of course,  if that ias acceptable. For
>>  the record, these are the currently open bug reports for fvwm in the
>>  Debian BTS.
>>
>>    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=fvwm
>
> All these bugs seem to be Fvwm 1.

        No. If you look at them, really, there are version numbers in
 there. Most of them are 2.5.2X

> Our feeling here is that there is no reason anyone should be using Fvwm 1.
> It's not supported.
>
> I suggest you remove Fvwm 1 from Debian.
> It's not supported by anyone as far as I know.

        Now that we have cleared up these are not fvwm1 bugs, can you
 please look at them again?

        manoj
--
In Pocataligo, Georgia, it is a violation for a woman over 200 pounds
and attired in shorts to pilot or ride in an airplane.