Hi All,

My work has OpenSuse 11.1 systems (64-bit), and I notice that Fvwm
(2.6.26 and 2.6.27) crashes when I do the following

    Pick WindowStyle MiniIcon vim.png

(basically set any icon which is not the window's current icon, and
locatable by Fvwm in the image path).

This leads to an immediate crash, with no error messages. The last
couple of lines in my .xsession-errors are:

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 7141 requests (7000 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0.0"
      after 102 requests (102 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

The same happens when I run Fvwm under VNC, as opposed to Fvwm under X
directly (so I'm guessing it's not server dependent). Once fvwm crashes
because of this error, it reload it (via commandline) without restarting
the VNC server causes fvwm to segfault.

I should also add that on my Gentoo laptop, I don't see the above error.

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

GI

--
TEN REASONS WHY HELL IS BETTER THAN GRAD SCHOOL:
5. Hell is forever; Grad School just seems like it.