On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:22:38 +0100
Zoilo Gomez <zo...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > It looks as though some applications (vlc, xine, etc) still pass the click
> > to the window which allows the client to accept focus.  Thus, although you
> > have "NeverFocus" set, it's not doing it's job properly.
> >

> I do not understand what you mean - in any case there is no mouse click
> or so.

I would guess that if you are using, eg, SloppyFocus, even tho you do not have
to click on the app, fvwm must pass a "focus" window event to the application,
which is what would happen if you had to click to focus.

Of course with NeverFocus this should not happen.  In fact, you *do not say
that the VLC window takes focus* -- you just say the Flashplayer window loses
it.  Is that correct?  If so, I would say that is a choice made by the
flashplayer -- when it goes out of fullscreen, it gives up focus -- probably
when recalculating the geometry, the mouse is considered to "leave". Then it
focusses again when it recieves the appropriate window event notification (when
you move the mouse *back into* the window).  The fact that the mouse is already
in the window does not count, since we cannot be continually sending this
signal -- it only happens when the mouse enters (SloppyFocus) or you click
inside.

--
MK <halfcountp...@intergate.com>