Hi,

fvwm has many cool windows replacing and resizing functions. But one
thing I was not able to do so far:

A function that refits all windows on the screen by making minmal
adjustments.

What do I mean?

Lets say I have 3 windows. I put one in top right, on in bottom right
and one on the left.
I do this roughly with the mouse.
Now if the do not overlap, I can "grow" every one by letting them take
all free space.

But if they only overlap a little, that would not work.

So a function, that makes the current active windows on the screen take
all free space without overlap, by moving windows as little as possible
would be really cool.

Does anything like this exist or is possible?

Thanks!
Nathan