On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:54 AM, halfdog <m...@halfdog.net> wrote:

It probably doesn't have anything to do with your problem directly,
but maybe I should mention that I too had trouble going from Ubuntu
9.04 to 9.10 (and later).  I have a mechanism in Fvwm to automatically
flip focus when switching pages or closing windows.  While this
autofocusing itself had no trouble, it had some bad interactions with
a couple of special case windows whose focusing I want to work
differently.  AFAIK, this was caused by changes to X, because I tried
several different versions of Fvwm and Ubuntu and only changing the OS
would cause the problem.  I fixed it by modifying my Fvwm config.

--
Thanks,

Jonathan Kotta

Hofstadter's Law:
    It always takes longer than you expect, even
    when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.